PIVOT Travel is looking to expand its team with a Luxury & VIP Travel Agent. Read the full job description below and pass along resumes to Travis Wade at email@example.com.
PIVOT TRAVEL LLC is a Bay Area sports and entertainment marketing & travel startup making a name for itself in a fast-paced and dynamic industry. The PIVOT team collectively has over 20 years of experience working within the NBA and managing NBA team travel. We are unmatched in our knowledge of team travel, we go beyond just booking team travel to taking care of each organization’s travel needs from scouts, coaches, front office, sponsors, media and VIPs. We are looking to build on our expertise in team travel to create a new service for our clientele. The next phase for Pivot Travel is to develop a Luxury Travel department to service the leisure travel needs of our high-end clients and their families.
We are looking for a qualified and self-motivated individual to join our travel team as a travel coordinator for our Luxury Travel division. Our ideal candidate is an entrepreneurial, experienced travel agent who is a global destination expert and thrives working in a fast-paced environment. Candidate must have a proven track record of excellent customer service, experience on multiple booking platforms, record keeping and client CRM programs. This person is an effective communicator, goal oriented, and self-motivated with the capabilities to efficiently work in a start-up environment. In the advertised role, the candidate will have the benefit of working closely with, and learning from, seasoned professionals who have worked with some of the most notable sports & hotel franchises in the country. This job offers competitive compensation package that includes competitive commission, 401K match, health benefits, and other support.
Responsibilities and Skills:
- Work with the PIVOT Travel Team to identify potential opportunities for existing and potential clients
- Effectively and promptly reach out to all leads and prospects scheduled by senior leadership
- Plan & book transportation, accommodations, insurance and other travel services both domestic and international (primarily in Canada, Mexico, Europe & Asia markets).
- Knowledge of online booking tools required
- Experienced and comfortable working with high profile clientele and Luxury travelers
- Attention to detail/conscientiousness/flexible/patient
- Must possess the ability to work in a fast-paced work environment and have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate exceptional skills in sales, communications, and problem solving
- Able to work independently, exercising good judgment, and initiative
- Interpersonal, communication, and relationship building skills
- Willingness to learn new functions and to enhance existing skills
- Minimum 3+ Years Industry or related Experience
- Handle occurring travel issues, complaints, or refunds
- Help facilitate the relationship growth and ongoing communication between travel division and clients
- Continually educate oneself on, and maintain awareness of, relevant industry events, publications, and announcements with the purpose of identifying meaningful trends, etc.
- Assist the PIVOT executive staff on special projects as requested
- Enter in and maintain bookings through Pivot travel internal tracking system
Required Education and Experience:
- Extensive knowledge of domestic and foreign travel destinations
- Familiarity with Amadeus GDS a plus
- High school diploma/GED required (Associate degree preferred)
- 3+ years’ experience leisure travel agency a MUST
Preferred Skills & Qualifications
- Experience with multiple booking engines and processes
- Experience with customer CRM system
- Excellent presentation, written, and oral communication skills
- Acute attention to detail, organization and efficiency
- Experience using MS Office and Google Drive
Please submit resume, portfolio of professional work, and LinkedIn profile to firstname.lastname@example.org