New Job Opening: Vice President, Premium Sales & Hospitality
PIVOT is a Bay Area based sports and entertainment agency making a name for itself in a fast-paced and dynamic industry. Our mission is to create innovative business-to-business opportunities and to unite brands and properties in lasting partnerships that channel the emotional energy of sports into profitable and meaningful consumer engagement.
We are looking for a qualified individual with the ambition to grow our company by providing expert management and strategy in our approach to business development through sports and entertainment property hospitality sales.
The VP of Premium Sales & Hospitality will lead PIVOT’s new hospitality division, working with arenas, teams and exclusive events to source, negotiate and sell corporate hospitality agreements. This includes everything from corporate suites at the leading venues, to individual tickets, to exclusive access to entertainment events nationally.
This person will be responsible for identifying new opportunities as well as supporting the growth of existing accounts. We are a nimble and growing sales team, passionate about what we do, and are looking for an individual with tantamount ambition and experience.
● Actively lead and engage in the day to day sales process of developing new ticketing, suite and VIP hospitality clients
● Create and cultivate opportunities within existing hospitality clients to maximize account revenue and growth
● Build a robust sales pipeline through establishing and growing relationships with key corporate decision makers of local, regional, and national companies
● Grow hospitality revenue through the acquisition of new ticket, suite and experience offerings
● Assess and establish departmental pricing and packaging guidelines
● Track, report and manage hospitality sales pipeline
● Provide updates on relevant industry events, publications, and announcements with the purpose of identifying meaningful trends, influential people and burgeoning brands
● Actualize the addition of new clients by coordinating their needs, developing and negotiating contracts, and integrating contract requirements into business operations
● Lead all executive-level communication with potential clients
● Identify areas of opportunity to grow current hospitality offerings across sports and entertainment
● Provide regular progress reports on business development goals and new business outreach
● Maintain detailed records of all hospitality deals and commission revenue information to communicate with the accounting department
● Achieve and surpass sales quotas across multiple clients
● 10+ years of experience in sales and/or business development in sports marketing
● Knowledge & executive-level experience in sales, business development, negotiation, and project management
● Extensive rolodex of existing hospitality and ticket buyers as well as Bay Area c-level executives
● Strong knowledge of corporate hospitality, teams and venues, and industry trends
● Excellent presentation, written, and oral communication skills with a distinguished presentation style
● Effective team leadership skills and the ability to mentor PIVOT team members
● Ability to communicate clearly with the CEO and agency decision-makers to create a unified approach to strategy and decisions
● Experience in organizational efficiency and operations management
● Experience using MS Office and Google Suite
Education & Experience:
● B.A. in sports management, business administration, communications, or a related field
● M.A. preferred, but not required
● 10+ years of sales experience with a sports team or agency
Please submit resume, portfolio of professional work, and LinkedIn profile to email@example.com