PIVOT’s brand division is searching for its newest member in its Director of Business Development. Read the full job description below and pass along resumes to Andy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PIVOT is a Bay Area sports and entertainment marketing startup making a name for itself in a fast-paced and dynamic industry. Our mission is to create innovative business-to-business opportunities and to unite brands and properties in lasting partnerships that channel the emotional energy of sports into profitable and meaningful consumer engagement. We are a quickly growing agency that services A+ clients including athletes, brands, NBA teams, properties and venues, and have assembled a great team of extremely talented people that provide excellent strategic counsel, negotiation services, research and creative ideation in sports and entertainment.
We are looking for a qualified and self-motivated individual to join our Brand Consulting team as a Director, Business Development. The Director of Business Development will work with our Brand Marketing EVP to help take our agency to the next level – a great opportunity for growth, career development and unlimited earning potential. This position will be focused on selling and prospecting for brand clients (such as Clorox and Post Cereal – existing brand clients), our array of brand-centric agency services. This includes, but is not limited to, retainers and projects that involve building strategic plans in sports and entertainment, executing research and providing insights and counsel, creative services, property management, brand-side hospitality, experiential marketing, and other services.
This is a great opportunity to leverage your sales skills and relationships to talk to the C-Suite and change the conversation. Move beyond selling “things” to selling business and intellectual capital and services. You will be an important contributor to help shape the brand division’s offerings and integrate your learnings and expertise into how we approach brands and sell our marketing services.
• Work closely with the Brand team to map out the best plan to take PIVOT to the next level in client acquisition and growth. We want to hear your ideas and about your experience to see how they can help shape our strategy to achieve success together.
• Cultivate and develop your existing and new relationships to prospect and generate new business.
• Maintain activities and data in the PIVOT CRM and log all lead activity.
• Work to create a monthly quota number of all measurable activities including; calls, meetings, proposals, misses (and why) and closed won business.
• Effectively communicate with team members on goals and objectives to ensure your success.
• Work to schedule meetings with the EVP and be a major component of the “pitch team”
• Manage the sales funnel including (but not limited to); prospecting/outreach, approach strategy, preparing collateral and meeting materials, anticipating potential client needs, outreach strategy, and other duties as determined by the EVP and CEO.
Job Performance Evaluation:
● Consistently meets and exceeds individual goals and quotas as outlined by EVP of Brands
● Daily activity, including new prospective client outreach, client meetings, proposals, etc.
● Effectively communicates to senior leadership on activity, revenue pipeline projections, and status of existing prospects
● Acts in best interest of company objectives and works well with fellow team members and senior leadership
● Uses sound judgment in representing the company’s values and objectives inside and outside of the office
• BA/BS in Business, Sports Management, Marketing or other related disciplines
• 5-7+ Years of agency/ property sales experience
● Knowledge & executive-level experience in sales, business development, negotiation, and project management
● Existing book of business and network of key c-level relationships with existing brand leaders
● Strong knowledge of national sponsorships, brand activation, and industry trends
● Excellent presentation, written, and oral communication skills with a distinguished presentation style
● Ability to communicate clearly with the CEO and agency decision-makers to create a unified approach to strategy and decisions
● Self-driven and motivated to succeed
● A good understanding of marketing best practice
● Solid/Proven Business Development skills
● Solid Relational skills with prospects, clients and our team
● The ability to assess, qualify and close good business
● Experience with PowerPoint, Word, CRM software is required, Photoshop (or similar) is a plus
Please submit resume, portfolio of professional work, and LinkedIn profile to email@example.com