OPEN CAREERS: Vice President of Business Development
PIVOT is a Bay Area sports and entertainment marketing startup making a name for itself in a fast-paced and dynamic industry. Our mission is to create innovative business-to-business opportunities and to unite brands and properties in lasting partnerships that channel the emotional energy of sports into profitable and meaningful consumer engagement.
We are looking for a qualified individual with the ambition to grow our company by providing expert management and strategy in our approach to business development through sports and entertainment property sponsorship sales.
The VP of Business Development will be a leading member of PIVOT’s Property Team, working with arenas, teams and athletes to source, negotiate and secure sponsorship agreements. This includes everything from pursuing naming rights opportunities to developing primary sponsorship portfolios for young companies. This person will be responsible for identifying new opportunities as well as supporting the growth of existing accounts. We are a nimble and growing sales team, passionate about what we do, and are looking for an individual with tantamount ambition and experience.
● Create and cultivate opportunities within existing property clients to maximize account revenue and growth
● Drive new business sponsorship sales for a growing list of PIVOT property clients, including teams, athletes, endurance events, universities, and naming rights opportunities
● Lead the search for new areas of business development for our robust clients
● Leverage existing local and national corporate relationships to identify possible sponsorship opportunities with PIVOT clients
● Cross-sell clients across multiple PIVOT services – property, brand, hospitality, etc.
● Provide regular progress reports on business development goals and new business outreach
● Achieve and surpass sales quotas across multiple clients
● Identify areas of opportunity for brand business development within property clients
● Provide updates on relevant industry events, publications, and announcements with the purpose of identifying meaningful trends, influential people and burgeoning brands
● Lead all executive-level communication with potential clients
● Directly manage accounts and work with the property team to achieve success
● Maintain detailed records of property partnership deals and commission revenue information to communicate with the accounting department
● 10+ years of experience in sales and/or business development in sports marketing
● Knowledge & executive-level experience in sales, business development, negotiation, and project management
● Strong knowledge of national sponsorships, brand activation, and industry trends
● Excellent presentation, written, and oral communication skills with a distinguished presentation style
● Effective team leadership skills and the ability to mentor PIVOT team members
● Ability to communicate clearly with the CEO and agency decision-makers to create a unified approach to strategy and decisions
● Experience in organizational efficiency and operations management
● Strong network of contacts and industry connections are a must
● Experience using MS Office and Google Suite
Education & Experience:
● B.A. in sports management, business administration, communications, or a related field
● M.A. preferred, but not required
● 10+ years of sponsorship sales experience with a sports team or agency
Please submit resume and LinkedIn profile to email@example.com